Sunday, April 26, 2009

Desert in Bloom

We have had an unseasonably long spring this year, as far as weather goes anyway. It is usually blazing hot by now, but most days have been in the 70s and 80s for all of March and April. It won't be long until it is 110 out, so we are enjoying it. Flowers aren't the first thing most people think of when they think of the desert, but actually, they are absolutely beautiful when they bloom. I took these pictures today at the zoo. Most of these are native plants, but a few are not.










4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I love spring in the dessert. I've been noticing all the cool flowers...ocatillos are my favorite!

Denise said...

Beautiful pictures. It sounds like you have had great weather. It jumped from 50 to 85 here. Michigan is crazy!

couplabz said...

Those are some beautiful flowers. I don't know how y'all live in that heat. It was in the high 80's/low 90's today and I was wilting!

MaryBeth said...

LOL! I just realized I spelled dessert instead of desert. I like dessert too.