Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
- Walk and/or run 5 days a week. Work up to a 5 mile long-run once a week and 2-3 mile short runs the other 4 days (I was up to 6 miles at this time last year, but then got shin splints and had to stop for awhile)
- Stretch a lot to feel better and avoid injury
- Get out of school by 3:40 as often as possible so I can get in a 45 minute work out and be home by 4:50
- Have workout clothes, water and lunch ready the night before-set up for success!
- Drink more water throughout the day
- Take vitamins
- Eat a healthy breakfast at least most days
- Plan better, more healthy meals, lunches and snacks for all of us
- Eat at least 5 fruits/vegetables a day-work toward ensuring that for kids also
So far this is going very well. I have realized that in order to make it really happen, the key is to be ready the night before. This takes a lot more preparation than just eating whatever is available and not working out, but it is well worth it, as I already feel more energy throughout the day.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
For those of you unfamiliar with The Happiness Project, the idea is that you choose a big area each month that will make you happier and work on it for the month, for a total of 12 in 2010. Here are my twelve:
January-Health and nutrition
March-Home improvement/organization (I have 2 weeks off in March)
June-Doing things and going places (at least 3 of us will be free most of June)
July-Keeping in touch with friends and family
August-Quick and easy ways to relax each day (this is the month school starts for us :)
November-Being thankful and showing thanks
December-Family traditions-old and new
Another thing that makes me very happy is reading, but I already do that a lot. I was thinking I would just incorporate any books that seem to be good fits with what I am doing each month.
If you would like to join us, post your own 12 and follow up with specifics on how you plan to work on your January goal. We would love to hear from you!