Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Updates from the Summer

I am going to attempt to catch up on a few highlights from the summer.  One thing we did when we were in Maryland, on the Fourth of July, was go swimming at the creek near my parents' house.  We used to go swimming there with my Grandma and Grandpa when we were kids and always loved it.  Dale, Alison and Steve were there with their kids also, along with my mom and dad.  We all had a great time, and those in my generation appreciated seeing our children enjoying one of the things we liked most as kids.   

Grandpa and Maya

Sydney, Maya and Melissa

Maya braving the rapids with big cousin Melissa

Shayne and David being carried by the current

What is it about kids and sticks?





Even baby Crystal got in on the stick thing



4 comments:

Cindy said...

That was so much fun. I still have bamboo sticks in the yard as reminders.

Lissa said...

That was a really fun day...the kids LOVE swimming in that creek...!

Alison said...

Awesome. I love the photo of all of them in the bamboo jungle.

Denise said...

I totally laughed when I read your comment on my blog! Just wait until my MD trip post :0)

Which creek is that? Is it the one at the park on the corner of Paint Branch Pkwy and University Blvd? We've played in that one but I didn't realize that it got so deep.

And, why is Tammy's name Lissa???