Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March: Home Improvement

I decided to make March my "home improvement" month because we have spring break this week and next week, so I thought I would be more likely to get things around the house done this month rather than a month where I am working the whole time. All of us are happier when the house is in good shape, that is why I chose this for one of my Happiness Project Twelve. This being said, I love spring break mainly because here in Arizona, it is a great time to be outside. So, even though there are a myriad of possibilities for home improvement projects, I am narrowing it down to a small, doable list of things, so I can us most of my time taking it easy and hanging out with the family. I also chose projects that would be free or very inexpensive. In March I would like to:
  • Plant cucumbers (they grow in pots in Arizona)
  • Paint most of the walls that are off-white (downstairs, our room, stairway)
  • Fix and paint over 2 small holes in the upstairs bathroom wall
  • Spot paint outside patio wall where paint has chipped
  • Put outside storage closet door back on (it fell off and is just leaning against the wall right now)
  • Clean carpets
This will keep us busy! Mostly I think I will work on these next week because Maya goes back to school next week and we don't till the following week (she has one week and we have 2, but then she gets out a week earlier for summer).

3 comments:

Denise said...

You go! I feel like I will never get to the point of spring cleaning...maybe NEXT spring.

Cindy said...

I'm impressed enough to make one or two goals of my own.

CR said...

That is a very impressive list. I hope you also get to relax on your break.