Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Twelve

I was recently inspired by Petra's and Denise's Happiness Project posts. I always have lots of ideas for New Year's resolutions, and really liked the idea of focusing on one area per month, with the overall theme of working on things that will make me happy. I think it is so easy to get buried in all of the other "work" of life that people forget to work toward being happy. There aren't many better goals than to live a happy life, and one of the best ways to commit to a goal is to tell people about it!

For those of you unfamiliar with The Happiness Project, the idea is that you choose a big area each month that will make you happier and work on it for the month, for a total of 12 in 2010. Here are my twelve:

January-Health and nutrition
February-Parenting
March-Home improvement/organization (I have 2 weeks off in March)
April-Documenting
May-Writing
June-Doing things and going places (at least 3 of us will be free most of June)
July-Keeping in touch with friends and family
August-Quick and easy ways to relax each day (this is the month school starts for us :)
September-Cooking
October-Photography
November-Being thankful and showing thanks
December-Family traditions-old and new

Another thing that makes me very happy is reading, but I already do that a lot. I was thinking I would just incorporate any books that seem to be good fits with what I am doing each month.

If you would like to join us, post your own 12 and follow up with specifics on how you plan to work on your January goal. We would love to hear from you!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Good goals. I'll be watching.

Cindy said...

Very good ideas. I'll think about it. I like the idea of working on things that make me happy. Unfortunately for me, grading papers is not one of those things and I have a LOT to finish up this week, then comes the science fair. (If you hear Jaws music in your head you have the right idea).

Lissa said...

Love your ideas and how you put them with a month where you can actually accomplish them! I'll live vicariously through your happiness project successes!

Alison said...

I should make one of those lists too.