Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goodbye El Torito

Last Sunday, the restaurant that I worked at for almost 7 years from 1995-2001 closed it's doors for good. Some of us who worked there for a long time (several still were working there until Sunday) got together to have a last meal before it closed. I worked most of my way through college there and still worked Friday nights for the first 3 years that I taught. I have lots of fun memories of that place and met some wonderful people there who I still keep in touch with. It is a beautiful building and I am sad to say that they are planning to tear it down to build something else. Anyway, here are some pictures I took on Sunday.










3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, that is sad. How cool that you worked at the original. Are all of the restaurants closing or just this one?

Cindy said...

I agree, it's sad to see someplace like that close. I guess the economy didn't support just moving to a new location. I don't think Chevy's is as good. At least you learned a lot of Spanish while you worked there.

CR said...

I love El Torito, how sad. I was also sad when Chi-Chi's closed. How cool that you still have friends there. And you got some great pictures.