Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rope Yourself Into a Healthy Habit

My January goal is health and nutrition. One thing I have been very good at so far this month is eating a healthy lunch. Why that? I thought about it and realized that I chat away with coworkers pretty much the whole time I am eating anyway, and I hardly notice what I am eating. Also, whatever I bring is what I am stuck with. I can go out and get something if I really want to, but I don't if I bring a lunch because I don't want to waste it. What a great opportunity to eat better! So I have been preparing healthy lunches the night before and taking them to work with me, and that has been going great. I can actually feel more sustained energy through the afternoons and I know it is partially because I am eating better and drinking more water.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

If that is a picture of your daily lunch, I'm impressed. I have been doing the same thing, making a salad when I'm making dinner in the evening. If CR is Christena say hello for me too. Does she have a blog?

Denise said...

That salad looks yummy. Good job on sticking with your goal.

Karen said...

It isn't really my salad. It is like the salad I make though, with chicken...Mine looks nice, but not that nice.

CR said...

I am very impressed. That really is a beautiful salad (and I don't often use that word with salad, usually it is reserved for something like cake or brownies).