Friday, August 29, 2008

Do Yourself a Favor

Many of you know that I am so geeky about politics, that I had hours and hours of DNC coverage recorded and watched it until about midnight every night this week after the kids went to bed like it was the last game in the World Cup or something. This convention was truly amazing! All of the speeches that I watched were good, and many were great. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend watching Michelle Obama's, Hillary Clinton's, Joe Biden's and of course Barack Obama's speeches. I think it is absolutely wonderful that so many people came to enthusiastically participate in the political process at this convention. I heard there were more than 80,000 on Thursday night. It gives me hope that we can turn things around in this country. Anyway, I am posting the speech because I think you owe it to yourself to watch it even if you think you disagree with his politics. I just think everyone owes it to each of the candidates to listen to what they have to say directly instead of relying on second and third hand information and rumors. If nothing else, you will enjoy it from a public speaking standpoint. I am fully in support of Obama and Biden, but I will still watch John McCain directly address the country next week so that I can hear his ideas first hand. If you haven't yet had the chance, watch it!



If you did watch it, before or now, I would love to hear what you think of it.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I'm still not going to make up my mind until I hear the other side, but I think I'm pretty much with you. I didn't hear Biden or Bill speak. I'll have to check those out. I have kind of a bad feeling about the whole thing. Not sure they will win, but even if they don't, they have done a ton to inspire people.

Denise said...

Hey, your video clips are too cute. How did you do that?

Karen said...

On a site called animoto.com. I had a free trial membership for awhile. About the presidential race, I think they'll win. I just don't think most of America can stand the idea of continuing to spiral downward for four more years.

Lissa said...

I did watch this and I am so glad to see him coming out with more plans on how he will fix things..I love his ideas, and he, more than any other candidate, seems to actually have respect from both sides of the isle..maybe he could get it done....I am not a hundred percent sure of his foreign policy, but how much worse could his ideas be than what we have now?? I think anything would be an improvement on that...whatever, I will see how the debates play out..