Saturday, October 11, 2008

Camping in Payson

Yesterday we decided to go up to Payson to camp for the night. We like to go to a small, quiet campground about 10 miles past Payson, which takes about an hour and 20 minutes or so for us to get to. The drive up is beautiful with tons of saguaros and mesquite trees decorating the landscape. The scenery soon changes to mountains thickly forested with tall pine trees. It was a little chilly at night, but we had a great time!

Shayne making a "torch"

Maya was very excited to use the marshmallow roasting stick that she found.

She roasted a lot of marshmallows...




Enjoying the fire

Keeping warm with Dad


On the way back home we found a fun park to play at.



I think this was her first time on a tire swing.



They also had a really tall slide.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Looks so fun. I love the pictures of the fire. Maya really should be a model. She strikes the cutest poses.

couplabz said...

Wow, just the picture of the slide makes me dizzy. Way too high for me. But I can see Eli loving it. I used to love camping when I was a kid, but I've been leary to bring Eli camping. But it looks like y'all had a lot of fun.

*~Petra~* said...

Hi Karen! It's so nice to catch up with you. :) Oh my heavens, your little girl is like a mini-me of you!!!! Both of your kids are adorable... and you haven't aged a day!

MaryBeth said...

Hey Karen! Yup, I'm down in Sierra Vista and have been living here for about 4 years or so. Your family is absolutely adorable!

Robin said...

Maya looks just like you but with dark hair. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together.