Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can You Read This?

I got this in a forwarded email. Maybe you have seen something like it before. Kind of crazy...

Cna yuo raed tihs? i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

4 comments:

*~Petra~* said...

That IS crazy! But also kind of cool :)

Lissa said...

I have seen this before, a few years ago..to make things weirder, I thought of this very paragraph yesterday when I saw a license plate that said "SWAHN"...I must have looked at it 5 times before I realized that it was NOT my son's name!!

Cindy said...

In order to understand it you have to have know a lot about linguistics that you are unaware of. That is why names with strange spellings baffle teachers. They break all of the rules. This paragraph doesn't, that is why we can read it.

hdknowles said...

I can actually read this with no problem - what does that say about me?