Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Goal


Shayne and I like Dr. Seuss books. Not just the ones like Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham, but some of the lesser-known books like I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew and The Butter Battle Book. Some of them are wonderful and they are even more fun when read aloud. There are 50+ Dr. Seuss books. A misconception is that they are only for very young children, in fact there are many that are written for all ages. Our goal is to read all of them in the next few months. We have read 23 of them so far. I have read a few more than that from teaching 4th grade for so long, but we have read 23 together. Most recently we read If I Ran the Zoo, If I Ran the Circus, The Sleep Book and The Lorax. We are adding to our list as we find new titles at the library. I'm sure at some point we will hit a wall and not be able to find copies of the last few, but I guess we'll tackle that issue when we get there. For now, we are having fun discovering new Dr. Seuss books!


3 comments:

Denise said...

I love the good Dr. We had a goal of reading all of the Berenstien Bear books. (You'd think I would know how to spell it by now.) We aren't all the way there, but we have read at least 25. It is great fun.

Sari said...

Ww LOVE DR Seuss! My favorites are What was I scared of, Bartholomew and the Oobleck, the Big brag, and Too many Daves

Cindy said...

Shayne loves words and Dr. Suess is great for a wordlover, don't you think? I was trying to think of a clever Dr. Suess like post but it isn't coming.